Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 29, 2007

    Mississippi Archives Day Two...

    No drama our during our second day at the Mississippi Archives. By this time you are use to all the security and fall into the routine. I guess I am trainable.

    Robert copied the "Ray" book I found yesterday. Document feeders are not allowed because it could potentially damage the pages, therefore he had to copy one page at the time :) It took about an hour to copy the book. The book is a 1974 version of books we have created in genealogy class! It has charts, group sheets, pics, obits, bible records and newspaper clippings, etc. Now, I am even MORE excited about finishing our book project. I know now more than ever how VALUABLE it will be to future researchers!

    I forgot to mention in my last email that Robert also found a 300 page book on his Vanlandingham's on the way out the door Wednesday. No he didn't copy the entire book but he did transcribe several pages into his FTM.

    At the end of the day we discovered their genealogical family files i.e. family charts, group sheets, etc. donated by individuals. No exciting news here but I always look because you never know what you might find.

    I spent the most of the day researching my family. Believe it or not I found several bits and pieces of info on different lines.

    All in all it was very productive day however we may have to get a loan to get home (.20 cent copies add up after a while).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment